- Servings: Serves 4
- Time:30 Minute
- 1 clove garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large bunch broccoli
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 2 medium leeks, white and light green parts only
- 1/4 cup snipped chives
- Pinch freshly ground pepper
- Firstly, Separate the broccoli stems from florets.
- Peel Stems to remove its outer layer.
- Slices Stem in thin pieces.
- Cut Florets Into Small Pieces.
- Reserve stems and florets both separately.
- Take a medium saucepan and heat oil and butter over medium heat.
- Put leeks and cook them and continuously stir them until it gets soft and fragrant.
- Add potato, broccoli stems, and garlic, and cook for 2 – 3 minutes. Add water (3 cups), salt, and pepper.
- Reduce the heat, and cover partially until broccoli and potato are tender.
- Add all reserved florets until it brings to a boil and then simmers for 5 minutes
- Add chives If you want.
- Calories 135
- Fat 6 g
- Protein10 g
- Carbohydrates 14 g
- Fiber 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 8 mg
- Iron 1.8 mg
- Calcium 85 mg