Nothing feels better than to finish your day on a relaxing note. Facial massage does just this to you. You can get a facial massage from an experienced practitioner or you can do it on your own. The techniques involved in this massage are fairly simple and the elements needed are easily accessible as well.
There are a lot of factors such as the weather and pollution that damages the skin condition of your face. Your skin can get rough and have pimples if there is dirt trapped in it. Facial massage removes these filths, making your skin smoother. It makes your skin feel lighter and fresher. Most importantly it gives you more glowing skin. This massage sounds amazing, right? But how often should you massage your face and what is the right way of doing it? We will get to know it all after a while.
How often should you massage your face:
Well, there is no one answer to this question. How often you should massage your face greatly depends on your skin type, skin condition, and the weather of your surrounding environment. But skincare specialists usually recommend getting a facial massage at least once a week. A 5-10 minute massage is enough if you do it regularly. Also, you can go to a professional once a month.
When should you get the massage? If you are staying home for the whole day, then you can get the massage in the morning. But if you are busy with work or have outdoor chores to do, you can take the massage after you return home. In this case, it’s better if you take the massage at night just before you are laying down to sleep.
If you are still not convinced about why you need a face massage, you can take a look at this amazing post where we talk about the benefits of face massagers and the best tools available for this purpose.
The right way to do it:
Taking a facial massage is good for your skin. As it is recommended that you take the massage as frequently as once a week, it is wise to perform the massage on your own. But to make massage effective, you have to perform the task efficiently. Though it is not a hard thing to do, you may be doing it wrongly. Here is the right way of doing it.
- The first thing to do is to make sure your hands are properly clean. Cleanse your hands and make sure to tie back your hair. Nothing should get in the way.
- Wash your face properly with lukewarm water and pat dry your face with a soft towel.
- Apply moisturizer on your skin to make sure it’s not totally dry.
- Depending on your skin type, choose an oil.
- After applying the moisturizer and oil steam your face. It will soften the pores of your skin and help the oil to penetrate your skin easily.
- Apply gentle pressure on your face with your fingers and use the fingers in a circular motion. Keep doing this all over your face. If you want to firm your skin you can apply deep and stimulating motion. But if you have oily skin or have acne-prone skin then light pressure is perfect for you.
- Start by massaging your forehead with your knuckles between the eyebrows and moving them up. Repeat this five times. Then massage the eye area with the rolling movement. Massage your cheeks with your knuckles. Swipe your knuckles from near the bridge of your nose toward your ears. To massage your mouth area, simply form a “V” shape with your middle and index finger and then place the finger above your lips. Place the index finger above your upper lips and the middle finger must be below the lower lips. Press lightly and pull your fingers toward your ears. Lastly, massage your chin by placing your palm under your cheekbones and massage with your palm while moving toward the hairline.
- You can use massaging tools like a jade roller or metal roller if you are okay with it.
And through these steps, you can get a proper facial massage all by yourself. As you can see you don’t need complicated skills or complex materials for this massage. Just by carefully following this procedure you can get a facial massage that will certainly improve the condition of your skin.
Benefits of facial massage:
In case you are wondering what facial massage can do to your skin, you should know that its benefits. Here they are.
- Improves blood circulation: Getting a facial massage is a kind of facial exercise. When you are rubbing your skin, you are actually helping the blood flow in your skin to run faster. As little as 5 minutes of facial can improve your blood circulation.
- Reduces stress: Just like any other massages, facial massage helps to reduce stress. It takes out all the heavy dirt that has been trapped inside and makes your skin feel lighter. Face massage activates the sympathetic nervous system. This spreads a relaxed feeling throughout your body and helps you to relax.
- Ejects the toxins: When you get a facial massage, you activate the lymphatic fluid in your skin. The lymphatic fluid helps your body to get rid of toxins and other waste materials. But you have to perform the massage properly to move the lymphatic fluid.
- Anti-aging magic: A regular facial massage can reduce your skin’s age. It minimizes the lines of your skin and makes your skin smoother, softer, better. Wrinkles usually appear from tensed muscles. Facial massage removes the wrinkles by relaxing these muscles and resulting in making you look younger.
Skincare should be the top priority of your self-care routine. To keep the skin healthy and relaxed you should get a massage regularly. Getting a facial massage is also important and now you know why. So, follow the instructions mentioned in this article and make your skin feel healthier than ever. Take the message, your skin deserves it.